Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Some Form of Happiness

It's been the strangest day in a long while. Got up, scrips and PMG, thank heavens, and then got on my normal email and FB. So far, not horrible, but I also woke up having sent my original apology at 1 AM. Wasn't written badly for having been written at 1 AM, and I was originally nervous about the reply. Considering things, I think that everything will work out. I further wrote a deeply groveling apology after the reply, which may have been overkill, but considering things, I thought that it was fair for the situation.

But I was still stressed, and the next thing you know, another crew gal friend of mine, MS, called me with the message that's in the last blog. She may as well be another sister for me in many ways, although she's an only child. I actually get along really well with only children. Well, I needed it. It deflated me a lot, and then I needed to get over to the library and finish scanning for my top client. Considering the move, I have scanned all of their documents (as far as I know, minus one book.) Okay, I should probably scan that book. I don't think that it has anything important now, but that means nothing about later. Accessibility is the issue here.

I checked how many gigs of memory were involved in the scanned documents, and um, Wow- 10 Gigs! I need to burn this info onto maybe 3 DVDs or so for them. Today I scanned some documents that were of letters that were copied by hand onto a scrapbook in addition to a bunch of old articles glued into this book. Scanners save my life. Considering that the client recently lost their hard drive, I think that it's good to have off-site back ups in addition to on-site. And when I give them back their source documents before I leave, I will also be giving them the DVDs and a copy of their file. It's really unfortunate about their drive, but I hope that there wasn't anything irreplaceable.

So I passed on the info about Comms to the new chair, and that seemed to work out. From there, finished scanning the docs (have one book left) and then met up with SD for frozen yogurt at the Spoon It Up place. It's like a local baby Farr's. GOOD flavors. Amazing mango with fruit, raspberries, and New York style Praline happiness. I'm going to miss chilling with SD. My life in Chicago is not yet materializing, but I have only driven through it once, well, twice, and flown in/through it once.

After this, just chilled at home for a few minutes and had the oddest feeling to bring my knitting to FHE. So, I did. No worries. I've done it before and it's been a while. I was sitting there and working on the fingerless gloves for the FB "Pay it Forward" craft thing, and yard sale friend came in and chose his seat nearby. He seemed either impressed or just... I dunno. Consider it trivia, perhaps, but at one point when I was working on a glove, and there was a laptop passed over it. I thought it was nice of him that I didn't have to put down my work. That's all.

Then we had this fun lesson on Italian, and it included how to make Carbonara. That was cool. And the guy who was teaching was seriously entertaining. After that was done, went to the track and did the half hour walk. Most recent former roommate would be proud. I went, did the recommended half hour, stretched and felt surprisingly good. Even did some driving after because I didn't want to go home yet, but there was no where to go, so ...went home and now have been blogging, watched the relatively insipid show, Josie and the Pussycats. Just a resume thing for a lot of talent that went on to other things, and it worked out. Here's to American Pickers and Pawn Stars. Thank you!

Tomorrow I will be working on packing and sorting and labeling and green dotting until I drop, and then some. Here's to helpers. May they all be crowned with laurels and medals, I hope. :)

Till then, I remain

The Genealogy Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment