Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yesterday...

I have decided that the Time Traveler's Wife, while having  good basic plot could have cut out at least 50 pages by removing the sex and the excess language. That's what I get for wanting to finish the book and see how it ends. I finished it and then proceeded to want to clean my brain with lemon juice and baking soda. I have now asked friends for clean book recommendations, and have decided to be very careful about the books that I read for the future. Further, I could almost tell what the author's sexual preferences and academia/intelligensia preferences were by reading the book, and I did not like any of it. One more reason for me to write my own book. Writing a book that maybe I would want to read, no sex, no drugs, no drinking, as few swear words as possible, and have it be real.

Also did much cleaning and will need to do more, but not right now. Friend, SD, came by and I looked up her genealogy while we were watching Tenth Kingdom. She's related to a bunch of Nauvoo-Utah pioneers and had no idea. Kinda cool! card games night went well, food was good, all cookies disappeared. Put more stuff in the yard sale area of the spare room. That pile keeps getting bigger, and I haven't even begun to really get rid of stuff. Oh boy! We'll see.

The Genealogy Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment